Master Plan Revision
The Chiquita Canyon Landfill Master Plan Revision will allow the existing landfill to continue operations with a new grant term, as well as extend the waste footprint at Chiquita Canyon within the existing site boundary, better utilize the landfill’s remaining and potential disposal capacity, and allow for the disposal of all non-hazardous wastes acceptable at a Class III solid waste disposal landfill. The Master Plan Revision will also include the continued diversion of such materials as green waste, asphalt/concrete and metal through ongoing landfill waste diversion programs on which numerous jurisdictions depend to comply with state-mandated waste diversion goals.
These revisions will provide additional capacity and services and better utilize the existing landfill site to meet the critical solid waste management needs of the Santa Clarita Valley and greater Los Angeles area.
Chiquita Canyon’s Master Plan Revision has gained broad-based community support from various organizations such as:
- Los Angeles County Business Federation (LA BizFed)
- Santa Clarita Valley Economic Development Corporation (SCVEDC)
- Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Castaic Chamber of Commerce
- SCV Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Valley Industry Association (VIA)
- West Ranch Town Council
- LA County Disposal Association